Saturday, March 19, 2011

Peace in a Storm...

Mark 3
37And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full.
38And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, "Master, carest thou not that we perish?"
39And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, "Peace, be still." And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.

Found this picture at Hobby Lobby and just love it..
Plus always loved the story.. I'd have been just like the disciples I'm sure.. :)
"Master! wake up!!! we're all going to die! Please, Mastor, wake up!!!"
And then he said those 3 little words.."Peace Be Still" After the storm calms he asks had they had so little faith?
I'm so much like that.. Things get rough and I think God's not even paying attention-when He's really right there beside me..
Thank You, Jesus....
"Love is a shelter in a raging storm... Love is a peace in the middle of a war..."

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love this picture!! Stunning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rae,

    Since I am not a fan of water, if I was in a boat and caught into a severe rain storm, I am sure I would be quite distraught.

    At any rate, thank you for visiting my blog today and leaving a comment. It was nice to "meet" you. I hope you come back and visit my blog again in the future. :)

    -LR

    ReplyDelete