Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Tuesday night...




Last night life threw Bob Evans Lemons.. and our very-short staffed team made some amazing lemonade..!!! (old cliche-ha ha)



If you never worked at a resturant before you probably won't understand.. but there was only one manager and 8 employees.. enough to have one person in each position and 3 servers... We had to go to limited seating.. We had our dish washer running food.. The buser was running refills.. I was hosting.. dealing with the seating issues.. watching the floor.. running drinks and even serving some tables myself..!



I'm ringing a customer out and my boss seats a table right up front.. next thing I hear is him saying... "And Rachel will be your server tonight..." I'm surprised but walk over and at least get their drinks.. I go to the back and check with him.. to make sure he didn't accidentally say the wrong name... Nope.. Now you know we are in trouble if a manager asks a hostess to serve a table!!



It was a rough night but I received no complaints.. We did mess up one carry-out.. I don't even know what was wrong-the manager just told me she got a new spaghetti...



I was so proud of my younger sister, Elizabeth.. She hasn't been serving very long but she did awesome...



The manager thanked each of us for all help and hard work... And we walked away feeling like we had done our best and it was enough...



I don't want nights like that often.. but every once in a while.... Well.. it keeps us on our toes and sharp at our jobs... To be honest it felt wonderful! We've been kind of slow.. I needed something to stretch me...



Anyway.. That's how my tuesday night went! Hope yours was just has interesting!!



Rachel




P.S... That's all four of us at the top... :) after a day at bobs... lol

1 comment:

  1. Sounds amazing! Im proud of you guys! :) Thats alot of hard work!

    ReplyDelete